Are you looking for a unique way to celebrate a special occasion such as a bridal shower, birthday, church group function, or bachelorette party? A Social Artworking party is your answer! It's easy to host your own Social Artworking party. Reading through our step-by-step directions and completing a copy of your chosen painting ahead of time is all the training you'll need to lead your guests through the painting process. Add food and drinks, and your friends will be sure to have a memorable time!
If you need inspiration to get started, visit our party blog for party themes and recipes that work nicely with our different canvas designs. Make sure you take lots of pictures of the fun so you can come back and share with us and tag with #socialartworking.
PARTY PLANNING SCHEDULE
Use our handy party planning checklist to help make sure that your party runs smoothly so you can enjoy yourself as much as possible.
3-4 weeks before:
- Set a date for the party and send invitations. Ask for R.S.V.P.s so you know how many supplies you'll need to purchase.
- Choose the canvas design that you and your guests will paint.
- Shop for all of your painting supplies in our online store. Use our special party planner in the online store to calculate exactly which products you need to order and how much based on the number of guests you have.
1 week before:
- Plan your menu. Keep it simple by including make-ahead dishes if possible, and make large batches of cocktails or serve bottles of wine for beverages. Get more party themed planning ideas on our party blog.
- Order any themed decorations you want such as plates, napkins, tablecloths, and banners.
- Come up with a music playlist, coordinating the music with the theme of the party if possible. Make sure you play it at a level that doesn't hinder conversation once the festivities get rolling.
- Give the house a good cleaning!
2-3 days before:
- Create a detailed shopping list for food and drinks.
- Arrange furniture so that each guest has enough room for his or her easel and supplies.
- Check your lighting. Make sure guests will be able to see to paint and blend colors properly.
- Cover floors with drop cloths so you don't have to worry about paint spills.
The day before:
- Shop for food and beverages. Don't forget the ice!
- Buy flowers to help decorate.
- Do as much prep cooking as possible.
- Do cleaning touch-ups as needed.
- Set out the painting supplies.
1 hour before:
- Empty the dishwasher so it's ready to fill quickly and easily with dirty dishes from the party.
- Change into your party clothes.
- Lower the thermostat so guests stay comfortable after everyone arrives.
30 minutes before:
- Review the painting steps.
- Light candles and turn on the music.
- Pour a glass of wine!